Delcampe is committed to protecting the personal data provided to it during the recruiting process. It has, therefore, implemented organisational and technical security measures to prevent their loss, misappropriation or modification, in application of the European regulation which came into effect on 25 May 2018 (European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, more commonly known as the GDPR).
When you submit your application, you agree that your data will be processed in accordance with this policy.
What data do we collect during the recruiting process?
We assess your application on the basis of several sources of data.
Your application is first evaluated using the documents you sent to us (CV and cover letter primarily) when you either submitted an application directly to us (via email, the application form on our corporate blog or, potentially, via social networks or by post) or via the intermediary of a third party (recruiter or consultancy agency, interim agency, etc.).
If your profile appears to meet our expectations, we will contact you to verify its suitability for the position to be filled (skills) and ensure that your expectations are in line with ours (professional interests, salary expectations). Your references may also be contacted if you provided them. Your application file can then be completed with the results of tests carried out and/or the reports from the various interviews held with you.
The information collected can include the following:
- identification data (last name, first name, gender, nationality, date of birth)
- contact data (postal address, email address, telephone number, social networks)
- family information (civil status, dependent children, etc.)
- your photo
- information about your education (school history, courses taken, internships, degrees and certificates obtained, examination results, etc.)
- information about your professional experience (career history, reasons for leaving, duties of the positions held, professional accomplishments, etc.)
- the contact information of your references
- personal projects, hobbies and interests
- residency or work permit
- memberships (other than political or union)
- an assessment of your main personality traits to evaluate your ability to successfully integrate our team
- salary expectations
- any other data you may provide us with during the recruiting process.
What are the data collected used for?
The data we collect are used solely for recruiting and candidate selection purposes, i.e.:
- recording the job applications submitted to Delcampe
- candidate selection:
- contacting candidates
- assessing your skills, your motivation and evaluating your ability to integrate our team
- contacting references
- verifying that your salary expectations are compatible with what we can offer for the position in question
- if your application is interesting but not selected:
- to contact you for another employment opportunity which better matches your profile
- to assess your motivation to work in our company if you submit another application
- to accelerate the recruiting process thanks to the pre-established file if you submit another application
- If you are hired, some of the data will be used to prepare your employment contract.
How long do we keep your data?
Unless you disagree, your application file will be kept as long as necessary for the purposes listed above and for maximum three years for applications which did not result in an interview. The files of applicants who are hired and those of other interesting people who submitted applications but were not hired may be kept longer.
Who will process your personal data?
At Delcampe, your application will be processed by the HR Department, executive management and management. When your skills are assessed in-house, some data, such as those on your CV may be sent to members of the operations staff responsible for tests.
Delcampe will not disclose any part of, or all of, your application file to third parties unless you have given your express consent, Delcampe is subject to a legal requirement, or if certain data are necessary for the execution of a contract which you are a party to (for example, in order to prepare an employment contract).
If your application was submitted to us by a service provider with which we work to recruit staff, we may send them reports of our interviews with you.
What are your rights with respect to Delcampe’s processing of your personal data?
Candidates who have applied for a position with Delcampe can request, at any time, that their personal data be deleted or corrected or that their use be limited to certain types of processing temporarily or definitively. We can also send you your full application file at your request.
In order to exercise your rights send an email to our data protection officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that your rights have not been respected, you are also entitled to submit a claim to a supervisory authority.
Who is the data controller for your personal data and who can you contact if you have a question?
The entity responsible for processing personal data provided during the recruiting and selection process is Delcampe International SPRL with registered office located at Rue de la Filature 25, 1480 Tubize, Belgium.
The data protection officer can be contacted at the following address regarding all issues related to the processing of personal data and the exercise of personal rights in this respect: email@example.com.